|From left to right: Classic stuffing, Mashed potatoes and gravy, |
Green bean caserole, Roasted sweet potatoes, Turkey!
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because of the food, obviously. I love keeping a classic menu since most of the items on the list are seasonal and I don't make except in turkey season! Recipes will come soon.
- Classic Roasted Turkey seasoned with Rosemary, Sage, Marjoram, and Thyme.
- Mashed Potatoes, for the recipe look here.
- Stuffing with mushrooms, celery and rosemary.
- Roasted sweet potatoes seasoned with minced garlic and paprika.
- Green bean casserole made with homemade cream of celery soup.
- Corn on the cob, as an appetizer.
- Pumpkin pie for dessert, the classic Libby's recipe, but with home made crust.
- Coconut Custard Pie, which was a first.
- Cranberry juice is essential for drinking!
|Classic Pumpkin Pie, simply divine!|
As we say here in Egypt after every meal, Al Hamdulelah! Thank God.
What did you do for Thanksgiving? Do you prefer classic menus, or spicing it up with new fusion dishes?