** This is part of my vegan Soup to Nuts fava bean recipe series. For a list of different recipes, check out this post about fava beans! **
Wanting to take different flavor combinations for my Fava Bean [Fuul Heraty] mania, I aimed for an Italian-ish salad. Originally intending to use rocket or watercress, I ended up using the milder iceberg lettuce and red cabbage combo, and a strong dressing.
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup Fresh thyme, chopped finely
- 3 fresh basil leaves, torn [I had to use dry basil]
- Salt and pepper
- Dash of paprika [or chili powder if you can take the heat]
Veggies [adjust the ratios to your liking, I really didn’t measure anything out!] :
- Your favorite greens, I used lettuce with some red cabbage, since I already had that in the fridge.
For a spicier salad, use rocket or watercress.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh fava beans [if you can stop snacking on them!]
Mix up the dressing items in an old jar with a lid, then close the lid and shake like there is no tomorrow.
I like to add the dressing on the salad right before eating; the lettuce stays crispier that way.
Salad, do you hate it or love it? How do you eat your salad?